Heyo 👋 Welcome to another awesome product readme. Here's what we're going to go over today: Our awesome new stream pet Mochi the Cat but you already knew that otherwise why would you be here?
Items we'll cover
Mochi in the safari of Streamlabs
Mochi in tropical StreamElements
Mochi in the supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Stream Deck
Mochi Setup in Streamlabs:
1. Once you've unzipped your download. You'll immediately notice the "One-Click Setups" folder, For now, we're going to focus on the Streamlabs folder. Once opened double click the browser URL and it'll take you to the "Widget Themes" page on Streamlabs. I suggest creating a new theme for now and in the future, you can combine multiple together to make one nice combo. Once you've created your Widget Theme, go ahead and click "Use" and you'll then be taken to the page shown in the screenshot below.
2. Once imported you'll need to navigate to the Custom Fields. This is where we have programmed all of your controls so that you can customize everything Mochi has to offer. From chat commands to who can use them.
3. Once you're done editing Mochi to your liking. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and do us a favor and double click that save button to ensure everything is saved and ready to go.
Mochi Setup in StreamElements
1. Once you've unzipped your download. You'll immediately notice the "One-Click Setups" folder, For now, we're going to focus on the StreamElements folder. Once opened double click the browser URL and it'll take you to your overlays inside StreamElements.
2. After you've opened up the browser URL that is relevant to you. You'll be brought to the page in the screenshot below. Go ahead and click the "Edit" button and you'll be brought to the backend of the alerts where you'll be able to find the custom fields for Mochi.
3. Once the page has loaded, You'll need to click on "Custom Widget 1" and go to "Settings" and here you'll find all of the goodness of Mochi.
4. Once you're done editing Mochi to your liking. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and do us a favor and double click that save button to ensure everything is saved and ready to go
Mochi Chat Commands in Stream Deck
1. First, we're going to start by installing the "Twitch Tools" plugin for your Stream Deck
This can be used for many things, but our primary use is going to be for sending chat messages into Twitch with your Stream Deck
2. Once installed head back to your main Stream Deck page and find the Twitch Tools plugin on the right side. When you've found it you can drag the "Send Message" command into any of your buttons.
3. You may be asked to link your twitch account with the plugin developer so it can post things on your behalf.
4. Once you've linked your Twitch you can start adding in your commands and making them work with your chat. For now, we're setting up the !hungry command. There are a few things you'll need to do when setting this up > Add in a title/label for the command > Ensure you write in your Twitch channel so it knows where to post on your behalf and finally the message you want the button to type.
5. Once created you can click the button on your Stream Deck and test this inside of OBS or whichever streaming software you are using and you should notice that it posted a message in both your twitch chat and the animation played on your stream.
From here you'll want to create buttons for each command to make it super easy for you to use Mochi while streaming.
6. A final note, there is a folder included in your download labeled "Stream Deck Icons" this is so you don't have to go find or create your own icons and you'll have super cute buttons to press and to label with.
To do this it's super simple. Just take one of the images inside of the icons folder and simply drag it onto your Stream Deck buttons current icon and it'll update.
Well. Look at you and all you've done & all you've accomplished in this readme. You're a pro with Mochi Cat, you learned how to install a plugin in your Stream Deck and now you know how to add an icon onto a button. We're just so proud of you 😄